Friday, September 4, 2009

Questions About Old Library

I know I've beaten this library thing to death, but there are still some questions that have not been answered. Will the bound periodicals, which are currently blocked by yellow tape in the old Oliveira Library, be eventually accessible to students? You know, not everything is viewable on the library's Internet databases. Also, will students be able to at least look at the books in the general collection at Oliveira Library, even if they are not allowed to check them out? Will there be quiet study space available to students in Oliveira Library? Maybe this whole library debacle will resolve itself, but the university's administration has not done a good job communicating how everything will work. Everything has been a surprise thus far. Only when the new University Boulevard Library opened did we find out that it would only have one-third of the books as Oliveira. What surprises are still in store for us when Oliveria Library is renovated?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I requested a book through the library online last week with the assumption I would be notified when it was found (either in the new or old library). I heard nothing back so I called today and after a loooong time on hold, was told that the book was at the old library. I went there, waited for half an hour to be told that the book was actually at the new library. :/ And I waited while a library employee went upstairs by herself. We're not allowed to browse the books anymore. Seriously, UTB? SERIOUSLY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good God! I hope the newspapers and TV stations cover this story more. This hugely affects the workings of a major Texas university. Really shameful!

    ReplyDelete