Monday, April 27, 2009

That Party a Week Ago Rocked!





What a great party! I can hardly wait until we do it again.

For those of you who missed it, EGADS! members and faculty gathered at VP Don Crouse's house for a potluck and salon. There was an amazing variety of food and drink. If anyone left hungry, it was their own fault.

At the salon, there was a variety of fascinating and often passionate readings. Dr. Randhawa singlehandedly brought Sylvia Path back to life with enough pain and anger to make her suicidal all over again. (Was that in poor taste?) Andrew Keese schooled us in exactly why Shel Silverstein is the King of Snark. Malinie Pisharodi educated us on Heinlein's concept of grok. To the sweet notes of the tin whistle, Dr. Moore made is cry like Irishmen with his reading of Yeats. Yours truly and Dr. Dominguez read our original poems to the enraptured audience. (That's how I choose to remember it, anyway.)

That was only a sampling. There was more and more and more! I can't wait until we do it again!

What did I forget? A million things, I'm sure. Please, add your "Alan, you forgot..." comment to the bottom.

Special thanks to Jenny Ashley for organizing the soiree and Don Crouse for hosting it.

2 comments:

  1. I heartily echo Alan's comments here about the wonderful time we all had at the EGADS! Salon party. What amazing talent resides in the English department among students and faculty alike.

    Yes, we must make this a semester event.

    Cheers,
    Dr. Dominguez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Rob read the beginning of this awesome book, Ali and Nino by Kurban Said. I'm going to add that to my every growing reading list. Dang it! I thought in graduate school I'd finally get to read all the books I even wanted, but instead my reading list is getting longer!

    ReplyDelete